About the Ministry
The ministry’s vision is to enable Ontarians to lead healthy, active lives and make the province a healthy, prosperous place to live, work, play, learn and visit. Health and Long-Term Care sees that its fundamental goals are to promote and encourage Ontarians to make healthier choices at all ages and stages of life, to create healthy and supportive environments, lead the development of healthy public policy, and assist with embedding behaviours that promote health.
The ministry’s mission is to:
- Champion health promotion in Ontario, and inspire individuals, organizations, communities and governments to create a culture of health and wellbeing.
- Provide programs, services, tools and incentives that will enhance health and wellbeing.
- Make healthy choices easier.
- Harness the energy and commitment of other ministries, other levels of government, community partners, the private sector, the media and the public to promote health and wellbeing for all Ontarians.
- To make Ontario a leader in health promotion within Canada and internationally.